VOLUNTEER FOR THE LOVE CRAFT BEER?
If you want to get a free pass to the Craft Beer Sunshine Coast Festival on SATURDAY 1ST DECEMBER 2018 at Sunshine Coast Stadium, Nicklin Way Bokarina, please view the roles below and sign up.
We are looking for people to HELP! Be prepared to get physical. We have over 200 beers showcased by Australian and International brewers with around 30 merchant and food stands. It will promote better beer where quality is better than quantity. The Sunshine Coast Craft Beer Festival will be the best beer festival on the calendar for 2017. We are looking for front of house, beer service, brewery support and beer education (Responsible Service of Alcohol Certificate a must). You will be rewarded with a free ticket and a festival glass.
The Sunshine Coast Craft Beer & Cider Festival is looking for highly motivated and enthusiastic people aged 16 years and over. Applicants must have a passion for working as part of a team in a dynamic, outdoor, festival environment. We are looking for applicants who have a passion for and knowledge of the Craft beer and Cider industry, also people who are interested in event management and have a passion for festivals and are willing to throw their hand up for any task no matter how big or small, if this sounds like your thing then we’d love to hear from you. We love our volunteers and without your support, Sunshine Coast Craft Beer Festival just wouldn’t be able to run smoothly. This is the event of the year on the Coast and is an amazing opportunity for you to become part of a fun and exciting team who are all so passionate about being involved on in this new festival. The day will not only be bringing the best brewers from Australia and New Zealand to the Coast but also showcase amazing produce, scenery, and talent that we have locally. There will be Live entertainment, food, rides and much more…..
This event is a Family friendly event, therefore will cater for all participants on the day. If you would like to come and have some fun and join our team below is a list of roles for you to select. You could be allocated to any of these jobs on the day for your age group, but don’t worry a training day will be provided before event day so you won’t be going in without prior instruction. Your shift time will also be pre-allocated. Volunteers will be expected to do a 4-hour shift and must be available for the duration of the festival unless you have mentioned otherwise. Do you have an RSA? we have some exciting positions for those who do! If you don’t have one and would like to apply for one here is the RSA link …….
As a volunteer, you will receive
- A Sunshine Coast Craft Beer and Cider Shirt
- A ticket into the festival
- A chance to work in a Dynamic team environment
- Food and a non-alcoholic drink after your shift
- Valuable work experience at one of Sunshine Coasts premier events and gaining insight into how a major event is put together
- Certificate of appreciation
To be successful volunteers must have:
- Excellent communication skills
- Good time management skills
- High level of commitment
- Flexibility and patience
- Ability to work as a member of a team
- Ability to work under pressure
- Reliability with a mature work ethic
Volunteers are required to make their own way to the festival site 30MINS before their shift starts.
Volunteers will be selected to fill various roles throughout the event, there will be 2-3 different time frames for shifts operating on the day. Times still to be confirmed.
Pre Festival Preparation –
Poster & flyer distribution, signage, Times to be advised, various options available.
All these positions require a good general level of fitness – requires lifting, carrying, standing and a lot of walking on site.
Venue Support & Clean-up
- Assist with keeping venues clean & tidy, clearing general litter, help bar staff to stock bar, clean service area, remove rubbish etc. Requires standing; must be reasonably fit.
Festival Bump In
- Set-up tables & chairs etc ready for the day. Requires some lifting; must be reasonably fit.
Festival Bump Out – Limited number of positions available
- Assist with packing down Festival venue, take down, sort & clean signage and clear up the site as needed.
- Assist at Registration
- Sell official guide
- Direct people to the correct line to enter the event
- Walker – Front of house role, directing patrons to right queues & providing information
- Scanner – Scan pre-purchased bar-coded tickets & direct to wrist banding volunteer
- Festival Glass, Tokens and Wristbands – Fit wristbands, hand over Festival Glass (over 18 only and supply tokens) to provide information to patrons as needed. Customer service experience preferred.
- Sell Festival tickets to patrons, fit wristbands & provide information to patrons as needed. Sales experience preferred
Volunteer Registration & Roster Supervision
- Assist Volunteer Coordinator to register Festival Volunteers & fit wristbands. Ensure volunteers sign-in & out, provide lanyards & any requirements for the job, check Volunteer roster & fill gaps as needed.
Sell Festival merchandise.
- Hand out the festival glass
- Set up paddles with beer samplers
- Sell merchandise ie: caps, shirts, festival glass
Sales experience an advantage.
Checking guests access to the VIP area. The stock is refilled. Keeping VIP area clean.
- Make and Serve Popcorn
- Sell drinks/Slushi’s in Refreshment Tent
You must have the experience to apply for these roles
Venue Coordinator Side Kick
- Liaise with Stage Manager to ensure all areas of venue run smoothly including back of stage, ensure that program runs to scheduled times, maintain venue. Must have previous experience. Briefing required.
MC / Stage Manager Side Kick
- Liaise with Venue Manager to assist performers as needed, ensure the stage runs smoothly & on time.
- Responsible for specific areas, check capacities of venues, flow of people traffic, direct vehicles on site and ensure general safety. Briefing required prior to the festival.
You will be required to sign our Volunteers agreement, along with Parental Consent if you are under 18 years of age.